The main airport is in the capital of the Republic of Peru – Lima. You can fly from Lima to other cities: Cusco, Arequipa, etc.
Rail transport in Peru has never consisted of a true network, primarily comprising two-three short lines running inland from the coast, therefore buses or internal flights are most popular ways of travel in the country. Bus fare is about $30.00-70.00 depending on distance and service level. Travel time for 500-600 km (310 – 373 miles) is about 12 hours.
Return tickets for internal flights are usually $100.00 to $200.00 (more expensive during the peak season – from June to September).
- Pisco (Paracas National Reserve and Ballestas Islands/ Paracas, Islas Ballestas). 242 km (150 miles) from Lima; 3.5 hrs by bus.
- Nazca (Nazca Limes). 446 km (377 miles) from Lima; 6 hrs by bus
- Arequipa (Colca Canyon). 1010 km (628 miles) from Lima. You can fly (about 1 hr) or take a bus (16 hrs).
- Puno (Titicaca Lake). There are no direct lines or bus routes from Lima. Both planes and buses stop in Arequipa. Changing buses in Arequipa to Puno may take several hours.
- Cusco (Capital of the Inca Empire, Sacred Valley, Machu Picchu). There are numerous daily flights from Lima to Cusco. The flight takes about an hour. There are no direct bus lines and the shortest route passes through Nazca and takes about 24 hrs.
- Huaraz (The Pastoruri Glacier, Chavin Ruins, “White Mountains”/ Cordillera Blanca). 420 km (261 miles) from Lima, 7 hrs by bus.
- Iquitos (the Amazon jungles). 1 hr 15 min by plane from Lima. No bus lines.
- Machu Picchu. Trains to Aguas Calientes, a town at the foot of Machu Picchu Mountain leave from Ollantaytambo station (1 hr on the bus from Cuscо). Travel time on the train is 2,5 hrs. Alternative route to Machu Picchu is hiking along Inca Trail.
- Arequipa (Colca Canyon). 521 km (324 miles) from Cusco, 12 hrs by bus or 45 minutes by air
- Lima. There are numerous daily flights from Cusco to Lima. The flight takes about an hour. There are no direct bus lines and the shortest route passes through Nazca and takes about 24 hrs.
- Puno (Titicaca Lake). 388 km (341 miles) from Cusco, 8 hrs by bus
- Cusco (Capital of the Inca Empire, Sacred Valley, Machu Picchu). 521 km (324 miles) from Arequipa, 12 hrs by bus or 45 minutes by air.
- Lima. 1010 km (628 miles) from Arequipa. You can fly (about an hour) or take a bus (16 hrs).
- Nazca. 623 (387 miles) km from Arequipa, 11 hrs by bus
- Puno (Titicaca Lake). 297 km (185 miles) from Arequipa, 5 hrs by bus.
- Cuzco (Capital of the Inca Empire, Sacred Valley, Machu Picchu). 388 km (341 miles) from Puno, 8 hrs by bus.
- Arequipa (Colca Canyon). 521 km (324 miles) from Puno, 12 hrs by bus or 45 minutes by air.
- Lima. There are no direct lines or bus routes from Puno. Both planes and buses stop in Arequipa. Changing buses in Arequipa to Lima may take several hours.
Cruz Del Sur: http://www.cruzdelsur.com.pe
First Class: http://www.firstclass.com.pe
Inka Express: http://www.inkaexpress.com
El Dorado: http://www.transporteseldoradopiura.com
Expreso Wari: http://www.expresowari.com.pe
PeruRail: http://www.perurail.com (Cusco / Sacred Valley / Machu Picchu, Machu Picchu / Cusco)
IncaRail: http://www.incarail.com/ (Ollantaytambo / Machu Picchu)
FerroCarrilCentral: http://www.ferrocarrilcentral.com.pe (Lima / Huancayo)
We look forward to working together to turn your dream trip into lifetime memories!